After all your research, a trip into the car dealership is in your near
future. So, how do you familiarize yourself with something that’s
both a major purchase and a long-term side-kick for your everyday
Easy! It’s time for a test joyride of course! Here are some key tips to
• Know which models and options you want to explore.
• Consider bringing a friend along to point out things you might
• Even though your first inclination may be to put the pedal to the
metal, take the time to walk around the vehicle and inspect it
• Take a close look at how certain features might become irritating
in day-to-day use, such as inadequate storage cubbies and cup
holders, or a trunk that’s difficult to operate or has an opening
that’s perhaps too small or too high. Will the vehicle fit in your
garage? Do the cup holders fit your special coffee cup? Is there
room for Bruno, your 200 lb Mastiff?
• Test drive different vehicles back to back to compare.
• The driver and passenger doors may be large and easy to open,
but what about the rear doors? Is it easy to install a child seat if
you need it?
• Review the safety features.
• Take note of the general build and quality of the vehicle. Are the
seats comfortable? How is the upholstery? When you close the
doors, are they loud or quiet? How is the road noise when driving?
• How easy is it to operate the electronic gadgets that play an
ever-increasing role in our lives?
• Take several corners to evaluate the vehicle’s composure, and try
different types of roads.
• How difficult is it to parallel park? This will help you identify blind
These are just some of the tips we offer to help you become
acquainted with your future vehicle. We hope it helps you find the
best vehicle for you.
Mike Samson – General Manager
72 total views, 5 views today