Connect with us

COVID-19

Did COVID Rules Kill My Son?

Published

5 minute read

This post was written by Mark Ogden, a graduate of Lindsay Thurber Comprehensive High School in Red Deer.  Mark lost his son in Saskatchewan due to a medical issue which was due for a check up months ago, but was postponed due to COVID-19.  Mark has posted this on his Facebook page and he’s hoping that people will share this widely to encourage a conversation about these health care issues.

From Mark Ogden’s Facebook post

This is my 19 year old son Aaron. He died early in the morning on August 15, 2020.

He was such an amazing young man always wanting to play tricks and do mischief. A hard worker. Sometimes he could say the wrongs things and be annoying while he would have that smirk of a grin on his face. He loved to meet new people and wasn’t afraid to be anyone’s friend.

In December 2019 Aaron was in a major car accident where he was t-boned on the highway. The force of the accident throwing his body sideways jostled his heart so badly that it weakened his aorta. They had to put a stint in the vessel in order to strengthen the walls of his aorta.
Aaron recovered miraculously from brain damage and a broken pelvis to almost a full recovery. He was certainly a different person, but he was fully active and fully functional. He went through everything from the ICU to rehab and the Saskatchewan health care system was incredible and gave Aaron the best care. Everyone gave 110%. We are so grateful to them.
As ongoing care Aaron was to have continual checkups on the stint in his aorta and so he was scheduled for a CT scan in June 2020. But that was cancelled in Yorkton, SK due to Covid regulations. He was told it would be rescheduled. July went by and then into August and no word of rescheduling.
On August 13th Aaron went for a morning run and collapsed on the sidewalk. He was holding his head and throwing up and he couldn’t feel or move his legs. It turns out there was a blood clot forming at the stint in his aorta and as he went for a jog the clot exploded showering through his lower body clogging the blood vessels supplying his organs and muscles with oxygen. He survived for 45 more hours as the incredible health care staff tried to save him. They did their best but the damage was too much.
This blood clot had been forming for some time. This stint is the size of a small garden hose and so much blood is constantly flowing through it. The surgeons said that it was closed to the size of a small hole the size of the tip of an ink pen. If Aaron had gone to that CT scan in June or even if it was rescheduled in July than they may have seen something developing in his aorta and been able to deal with. The end result would be my son still walking amongst us. Instead out of the fear and panic of COVID, rules were made that cancelled a simple procedure that would have saved my sons life.
This procedure was to be done in Yorkton, SK and was cancelled due to COVID, but there is zero COVID cases in the hospital in Yorkton. It appears to me that now in the Yorkton area we have a COVID related death, my son Aaron Ogden. In fear bad rules have been set up and procedures that may save lives are not being done out of fear of spreading COVID. While trying to save lives they have killed others. This is unacceptable. I’m calling on those who make these rules to answer for this.
Let’s not kill more people because of fear. This also does not have to be a trade off of one danger for another. These procedures, like a CT scan can be done safely with all COVID screening in place. I think something needs to be changed.
Thank you for reading this and please share this so that we don’t have to have any more senseless deaths.

Todayville is a digital media and technology company. We profile unique stories and events in our community. Register and promote your community event for free.

Follow Author

COVID-19

Canadian government seeking to destroy Freedom Convoy leader, taking Big Red from Chris Barber

Published on

From LifeSiteNews

By Anthony Murdoch

The Crown claimed that ‘Big Red’ is an ‘offence-related property’ relating to Chris Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.

The Canadian government is still going after Freedom Convoy leader Chris Barber, this time hoping to seize his very livelihood.

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) has reported that it represented Barber during a November 26 hearing about the Crown’s attempt to take “Big Red,” Barber’s semi-truck. The Crown claimed that the vehicle is an “offence-related property” relating to Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.

Barber’s truck, a 2004 Kenworth long-haul, which he uses for business, was a focal point in the 2022 protests. He drove it to Ottawa, where it was parked for an extended period of time, but he complied when officials asked him to move it. 

Barber’s lawyer, Diane Magas, said the Crown’s attempt to take away Barber’s livelihood is “not” in the spirit of laws in place regarding forfeiture.

“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family, as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions,” she said as per a JCCF press release.

“Especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it.”

The Freedom Convoy leader has talked about his truck, saying that, “Big Red is how I put food on the table.”

“I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living,” Barber continued.

ruling regarding the Crown’s wish to seize Barber’s truck is expected to appear on December 19; however, the court case could drag into the new year.

On October 7, 2025, after a long trial, Ontario Court Justice Heather Perkins-McVey sentenced Tamara Lich and Barber to 18 months’ house arrest. They had been declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the 2022 protest against COVID mandates, and as social media influencers.  

Lich and Barber have filed appeals of their own against their house arrest sentences, arguing that the trial judge did not correctly apply the law on their mischief charges.

Government lawyers for the Crown have filed an appeal of the acquittals of Lich and Barber on intimidation charges.

Lich and Barber were declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the protest against COVID mandates in April 2022, and as social media influencers. The conviction came after a nearly two-year trial despite the non-violent nature of the popular movement.

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Crown seeks to punish peaceful protestor Chris Barber by confiscating his family work truck “Big Red”

Published on

Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms announces that the Ontario Court of Justice will hold a hearing at 10:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 26 at 161 Elgin Street, Ottawa, regarding the Crown’s attempt to permanently seize “Big Red,” the 2004 Kenworth long-haul truck relied upon by peaceful Freedom Convoy protestor Chris Barber and his family trucking business.

Constitutional lawyer Diane Magas, who represents Mr. Barber, is opposing the forfeiture.

“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions, especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it,” she said.

Mr. Barber, a Saskatchewan trucker and central figure in the peaceful 2022 Freedom Convoy, depends on this vehicle for his livelihood. The Crown alleges that his truck constitutes “offence-related property.”

The November 26 hearing will address the Crown’s application to seize the truck and will include evidence regarding ownership and corporate title. The Court will also consider an application filed earlier this year by Mr. Barber’s family, who are asserting their rights as interested third parties and seeking to prevent the loss of the vehicle.

Mr. Barber was found guilty of mischief and counselling others to breach a court order following the peaceful Freedom Convoy protest, despite his consistent cooperation with law enforcement and reliance on legal advice during the events of early 2022. At sentencing, the Court acknowledged that he “came with the noblest of intent and did not advocate for violence,” emphasizing that Mr. Barber encouraged calm and compliance.

Mr. Barber said, “‘Big Red’ is how I put food on the table. I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living.”

Continue Reading

Trending

X