The Red Deer Rebels have traded one of their forwards to the Brandon Wheat Kings.
The team announced on December 6th, that they have traded the rights of 19 year old forward Meyer Nell to the Brandon Wheat Kings for a conditional 10th round pick in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
The Just Transition: Alberta Bound & Gagged
$420 Million equalization payment to Ontario goes too far – Project Confederation calling for Constitutional Convention
Good News! The Scaremongers Are Wrong
NHL’s New Woke Agenda Is A Pucking Mess
Bruce Dowbiggin2 days ago
NHL’s New Woke Agenda Is A Pucking Mess
Business1 day ago
Here’s what another Bank of Canada rate hike means for Canadians
Justice1 day ago
CP NewsAlert: Quebec woman pleads guilty in mailing of poison to Trump
Energy2 days ago
Oilsands execs say they can’t invest in decarbonization any faster, despite profits
Health2 days ago
Toronto mayor calls for national summit to tackle mental health crisis
Health1 day ago
Just a bit of exercise can improve mental health, scientists, psychologists say
Alberta2 days ago
Cannabis company The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings changing name to BZAM
armed conflict2 days ago
After US offer, Germany unleashes Leopard tanks for Ukraine