Renegades Soccer Tryouts Kick-Off Next Week!
By Sheldon Spackman
It may still be winter but the Red Deer City Soccer Association is busy preparing for the upcoming outdoor season.
One of the first orders of business is to conduct tryouts for the competitive Red Deer Renegades program. Those start on Monday, March 13th and continue until Friday, March 17th. Those programs include U11 Boys and U11 Girls, right through to U17 Boys and U17 Girls.
Tryouts for the Renegades Women’s AMSL Team will be held on Saturday, March 18th. All Renegades tryouts will be held at the Agri-Centre in Westerner Park.
Registration for the outdoor season opened on February 1st but it’s not too late to register yet.
For more information, visit Red Deer City Soccer’s website here:
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
City of Red Deer
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
The Plan: Lock You Down for 130 Days
Tour the 2023 Red Deer Hospital Home Lottery grand prize dream home
Premiers need to keep talking about the health-care crisis: medical associations
ParticipACTION Community Challenge 2023
Community2 days ago
Celebrate Canadian Environment Week by Volunteering at the Green Deer River Valley Cleanup, June 10!
Canadian Energy Centre1 day ago
Mexico leapfrogging Canada on LNG and six other global oil and gas megaprojects
Health1 day ago
WHO’s Global Digital Health Certification Network
City of Red Deer1 day ago
City releases Annual Financial Report for 2022
National2 days ago
Trans, non-binary students under 16 in N.B. need parental consent for pronoun changes
COVID-191 day ago
Supreme Court of Canada won’t hear unvaccinated woman’s case for organ donation
Alberta2 days ago
Canada under pressure to produce more food, protect agricultural land: report
National1 day ago
‘Unmitigated gall’: Senator rejects minister’s call to pass Liberal guns bill quickly