Getting your winter tires put on is something we generally think about as a way to prepare our vehicle for winter weather but is that the only thing you can do to avoid being in an accident this winter?
Here are 7 tips to help you keep your vehicle in top-notch condition this winter:
1. Make sure you check your wiper blades. Wiper blades usually have a lifespan of a year; however, it is always recommended to get a new pair for the winter months.
2. Check your battery. Batteries have a harder time operating during the winter months than they do during the summer. If your battery is already weak during the summer, it could quickly could turn into a dead battery as soon as the temperature drops.
3. We put antifreeze in our cars for two reasons – one is to keep the engine from overheating and the other is to protect the engine block from cracking during extreme cold.
4. For every 10 degrees of temperature drop, tires will drop 1-2 pounds of pressure. It is important to keep your tires within the recommended PSI to maintain traction, handling and durability.
5. Wax the Headlights and the Taillights! Unnecessary little detail? Think again. Did you know that the slippery surface which results after waxing the lights makes it less likely for an icy coat to build up on them? This helps make it easier and quicker for you to clear your car after a night-long snowstorm and, also makes your vehicle more visible to other drivers.
6. Windshields get dirty very quickly on those wet wintery roads and you can go through fluid very fast. Make sure you top it up regularly and have an extra jug on hand, in case you run out.
7. Use full synthetic oil. Synthetic motor oil’s main reason for working so well in the winter is because of its abilities to withstand the extreme temperatures. The chemical makeup of synthetic oil makes it much less likely to congeal or freeze up.
Our highly qualified technicians are always happy to provide you with exceptional service in a timely manner. Allow them to demonstrate our commitment to excellence –
Call to book 403.343.6633 or book your appointment at kippscott.ca
#RedDeerStrong – Group focussed fitness studio F45 offers fitness opportunities for isolated athletes
F45 is for people who are already in shape and want to maintain, and for those who really want to kick their cardio up a notch. The business is just a few months old and finds itself fighting to pay the rent as COVID-19 wreaks havoc on group gatherings.
What does your business do?
Our studio is a community and group training focused fitness studio. We are the fastest growing fitness network in the world and are happy to bring this to our hometown of Red Deer. We are adaptable for all fitness levels and deliver a 45 minute high intensity Functional training workout. F45. Click here to see our website.
How has COVID-19 affected you?
Due to the concern for our members we made the decision to close our doors. Days later it was mandated by the government. We are only operational for 5 months so this was a huge shock to our new community and finances. We went to zero income overnight.
What are you doing to adapt?
To adapt we are offering live Zoom workouts to members at less than a 50% discount off their regular membership rate. F45 HQ has also produced workouts that are available on our app. This has been amazing to help our members mental and physic health while social distancing.it also has helped cover a few of our needs to pay within the studio.
What kind of help do you need?
Being a very new busy within Red Deer any advertising and awareness to our studio would beneficial . The government has offered some very helpful solutions foe small businesses which we are grateful for.
What do you want the community to know?
We want our community to know that they are not alone. We offer fun and interactive F45Live video workouts that will keep them healthy physically and mentally at a reasonable cost.
We did our first ZOOM live Friday…we worked out the kinks so now we are ready for a full week next Monday! Today we did the new F45 Program GOAT! Awesome Strength workout with a killer Pod 3! It was so great to feel your energy and see your faces again!
If you would like to join the F45Live ZOOM and F45 Gravity ( adding more programs soon) home workouts, today is your last day to join for 19/week. After today it is 24/week.
Just send us a message and we can hook you up! Thanks to over half of our members who have joined.
If you have family members or friends who may be interested and live anywhere across Canada they too can join our F45Live and receive these programs as well. We would appreciate the referral!
Former Prime Minister Stephen Harper adds weight to Alberta’s Economic Recovery Council
Stephen Harper (61), has been the Chairman of the International Democrat Union (IDU) since February 2018. In 2017 he joined the IDU, which comprises 73 full and associate members from 63 different countries around the world.
The University of Calgary graduate, completed a bachelor’s degree in economics in 1985 and later Harper earned his master’s degree in economics in 1991.
Over Harper’s political career, which spanned several national conservative parties, was elected to the House of Commons seven times. In 2006 Harper became the first prime minister to come from the merged conservative parties which became the Conservative Party of Canada in December 2003. The Harper lead Conservative Party of Canada beat the Paul Martin lead Liberal Part of Canada to become Canada’s 22nd prime minister from February 6, 2006, to November 4, 2015.
After leaving Canadian politics Harper took on a number of international business and leadership roles, building up the global consulting firm, Harper & Associates Consulting Inc., appearing mostly on US and British media.
In 2018 he published the book Right Here, Right Now: Politics and Leadership in the Age of Disruption.
Here are the members of the council. You’ll see more of Tom’s stories about this group as the week progresses.
- Jack Mintz, chair
- Clive Beddoe – former chair, president and CEO, WestJet
- Robert Blakely
- Brent Belzberg – founder and senior managing partner, TorQuest Partners
- Bob Dhillon – founder, president and CEO, Mainstreet Equity Corporation
- Chris Fowler – president and CEO, Canadian Western Bank
- Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper – Canada’s 22nd prime minister
- Peter Kiss – owner and president, Morgan Construction and Environmental
- Zainul Mawji – president, Telus Home Solutions
- Nancy Southern – chair and CEO, ATCO Ltd.
- Kevin Uebelein – CEO, AIMCo
- Mac Van Wielingen – founder, ARC Financial
U.S. Coast Guard rules cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
Turn off the relentless news and escape – India part 4: The Spices of Kerala
#RedDeerStrong – If you’re struggling and you need to consolidate debt through a mortgage refinance, Kristen is here for you.
51 COVID-19 cases in Central Alberta. 20 in Red Deer – March 31 update
Central Alberta2 days ago
25 COVID cases in Red Deer – Central Alberta Update (April 3)
Central Alberta22 hours ago
A Central Albertan is among 5 in the province to die from COVID this weekend. (April 5 update)
Calgary1 day ago
To wear, or not to wear a homemade mask? That is the question.
#RedDeerStrong1 day ago
Wonder How the Old Folks are Doing
Alberta24 hours ago
Work camp operator filling need for COVID-19 field hospitals, testing centres
Top Story CP23 hours ago
Essential workers talk about how COVID-19 affects them
Top Story CP17 hours ago
Quebec sugar shacks reeling after ‘catastrophic’ COVID-19 closures
#RedDeerStrong2 days ago
How do national champion volleyball coaches spend their time during isolation?