By Sheldon Spackman
The Olds Grizzlys are looking to get back into the win column Tuesday night when they host the visiting Calgary Mustangs.
Olds is currently on a three-game losing streak and would like to end that with a victory over the 3-15 Mustangs who have 6 points and are 8th place or last in the AJHL’s Viterra South Division.
That’s six points back of the 7th place Grizzlys who are 5-9-2 with 12 points on the season so far. Calgary is coming off back to back losses heading into this game.
Face-off at the Olds Sportsplex is 7:00pm.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
Excess deaths in Canada and most western nations remain very high long after pandemic deaths subside
Parole board warned employees about threats following Saskatchewan stabbings: emails
THE JACKPOT IS OVER $14000 AND THE WINNER WILL TAKE HALF!!!
Friend, community members remember ‘humble,’ ‘genuine’ Mountie killed in shooting
conflict2 days ago
Trudeau apologizes for presence, recognition of Nazi unit war veteran in Parliament
Brownstone Institute2 days ago
Why the Secrecy Over Vaccine Contracts?
Justice2 days ago
Driver sentenced to 12 years in hit-and-run death of Calgary police officer
Alberta1 day ago
Company at centre of E. coli outbreak at Calgary daycares faces licensing charges
Alberta2 days ago
Five-year-old boy from Alberta First Nation found safe
Environment1 day ago
Report says Alberta energy regulator followed rules in Kearl mine wastewater release
Alberta1 day ago
Running Reins Ranch in Red Deer County picks up $250,000 grant from province
Crime2 days ago
Conditional sentence for woman who set fires at start of 2022 wildfire season