Wranglers Shut Out Stampeders In Ponoka
Big win for the Blackfalds Wranglers in Ponoka Wednesday night. The Wranglers shut out the home team Stampders 5-0 at the Ponoka Culture and Recreation Complex to improve their record to 3-3 on the season so far. That’s good for 6th place in the Heritage Junior B Hockey League’s North Division. The Stamps meanwhile see their record drops to 1-6 which keeps them in last place in the North Division, 4 points behind Blackfalds.
Blackfalds next action is on Sunday when they host Medicine Hat at 3:30. Ponoka returns to the ice on Saturday night when they host Okotoks at 8pm.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
City of Red Deer
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
The UK Narrative Falls Apart with Leaked Messages
Curious: Angela Merkel’s September 2019 Visit to Wuhan
The Vaccine Was “95% Effective” How?
RIP Rob Bennett: The Promoter, The Pirate, My Pal
Community1 day ago
Red Deer family rocked by cancer diagnosis seeks support from the community
Addictions2 days ago
B.C. parent launches class-action lawsuit against makers of Fortnite video game
Brownstone Institute1 day ago
Eye Protection Wasn’t Misdirection
Alberta2 days ago
Alberta program trains rural health-care workers in supporting sex assault victims
Federal Election 20212 days ago
Trudeau chief of staff Katie Telford to testify on foreign interference at committee
Alberta1 day ago
2022 World Senior Men’s gold medalist rink and Cheryl Bernard among teams at Senior Curling Championships at Red Deer’s Pidherney Centre this week
International2 days ago
Putin hosts Xi in the Kremlin with imperial palace pageantry
conflict16 hours ago
Canada extends emergency visa applications for Ukrainians fleeing war until July