Volleyball Action At RDC Highlights Busy Weekend For Kings And Queens
Both Red Deer College Basketball teams travel to Saskatchewan to face the Briercrest College Clippers in a pair of games. The RDC Volleyball squads host the Lethbridge College Kodiaks in a weekend series. In a home-and-home series, the 1st place Queens Hockey team competes against the Olds College Broncos and the Kings Hockey team plays a 2 game set against the MacEwan University Griffins.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
City of Red Deer
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
UPDATE: Red Deer RCMP arrest 31 year old Chad Wickett for conspiracy to commit murder
Tina Turner, unstoppable superstar whose hits included ‘What’s Love Got to Do With It,’ dead at 83
More than 10,000 squares kilometres of land has burned in Alberta due to wildfires
“High school has shown us who we are and how we can take forward what we’ve learned and apply it to whatever we encounter in the future.”
Brownstone Institute2 days ago
How Major Media Suppressed My COVID Journalism
Bruce Dowbiggin2 days ago
Succession Planning: Justin’s Excellent Chinese Adventure
Community2 days ago
Run/Hike for Red Deer Hospice Takes Place This Sunday at Bower Ponds
Brownstone Institute2 days ago
Sorry, This Is Not Going Away
2023 Election2 days ago
UCP leader Smith says she is ‘delighted’ by endorsements from Harper, Poilievre
Crime2 days ago
US cities hope crime strategies keep homicide numbers dropping and prevent summer surge
Business2 days ago
StatCan report casts clouds on claims of a widespread labour shortage in Canada
Sports2 days ago
18-year-old Adam Fantilli scores as Canada advances to final of ice hockey worlds