By Sheldon Spackman
The Red Deer City Soccer Association is holding it’s Annual General Meeting on Monday, December 5th..
It takes place at the Holiday Inn and Suites along Gasoline Alley East at 33 Petrolia Drive in the Promenade C Room starting at 7:00pm.
Agenda Highlights include Reports and Financial Statements and the election of officers, including the President, Second Vice President, Technical and House Operations, Treasurer and Directors.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
India expels Canadian diplomat after Canada links Indian agents to Sikh leader death
Alberta is getting serious about nuclear power
Yes, You Are Being Manipulated
Insured damages from summer storms in Alberta top $300M, estimate shows
Brownstone Institute1 day ago
Yes, You Are Being Manipulated
Bruce Dowbiggin2 days ago
If You Don’t Hear From Me, It’s Because I Don’t Hear From You.
COVID-192 days ago
‘Freedom Convoy’ trial resumes with questions for mayor’s chief of staff
Alberta2 days ago
New app uses AI to help Calgary medical students practise interacting with patients
Alberta1 day ago
Smith says despite difficulty with Ottawa, Alberta has allies in Trudeau cabinet
International2 days ago
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy set to address Parliament Friday
conflict2 days ago
Rules-based order hangs in the balance as Ukraine fights back against Russia: Trudeau
Justice1 day ago
Critical incident involving RCMP, B.C. Premier David Eby says