By Sheldon Spackman
The Red Deer Rebels are looking to end off the month of November with a win on Wednesday, November 30th.
They play host to the 10-16-1-0 Saskatoon Blades who have 21 points and are fifth place in the WHL’s East Division. The Rebels are 12-11-2-2 with 28 points and are second place in the Central Division.
It will also be a chance for the Rebels Cameron Hausinger to play his former team. The Rebels just acquired Hausinger from the Blades on November 25th.
It’s a 7:00pm face-off at the Enmax Centrium.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
Alberta is getting serious about nuclear power
Yes, You Are Being Manipulated
Celebrity Owners– Fun, Yes, But The Equity Is Even Better
The Red Deer Polytechnic Alumni Association is inviting you to Palate: A Taste of Local
Bruce Dowbiggin2 days ago
“I Promised Mess I Wouldn’t Do This”
International2 days ago
JPMorgan settles claims that it enabled Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking acts for $75 million
conflict2 days ago
Liberals, Tories join calls for House Speaker to resign over Nazi veteran invite
International2 days ago
Brooks Robinson, Orioles third baseman with 16 Gold Gloves, has died. He was 86
Disaster2 days ago
Helicopter crashes in central B.C., multiple people on board: RCMP
Alberta2 days ago
Expanding transit access for low-income Albertans
espionage2 days ago
After briefing on intel, Singh says ‘clear evidence’ India involved in B.C. killing
Red Deer2 days ago
Rebels start 2023-2024 season with a split. Tickets available for home game Friday