The Olds Grizzlys are preparing to face a Division rival this weekend. The Camrose Kodiaks visit the Olds Sportsplex Saturday night for a 7 O’clock face-off. The 3-5-2 Grizzlys currently sit in 7th place in the AJHL’s Viterra South Division, while the 6-3-1 Kodiaks sit in 4th.
Today: Come meet Red Deer’s Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith
Submitted by Tourism Red Deer
Come celebrate with us and congratulate Red Deer’s own Rebecca Smith.
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Tourism Red Deer invite you to meet Red Deer’s Summer Olympic Silver Medalist Rebecca Smith!
Rebecca was a part of Team Canada’s 4 x 100-meter freestyle relay swim team at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She’ll be here to meet, greet, and show off her hardware.
Where: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, 102-4200 Highway 2, Red Deer
When: Wednesday, August 25, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Access to Dawe Centre pool and community centre affected by expansion project – Details
Limited access to G.H. Dawe Community Centre this summer due to construction
As announced yesterday, City recreation centres are opening fully to the public as of July 1. With construction underway at the G.H. Dawe Community Centre, only limited services and areas will be available.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily. In July, summer day camps that normally operate from the Dawe will operate from other facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until September.
- To accommodate interior heating and ventilation construction, the facility will fully close from July 26 to August 31. Some registered preschool and summer camp programming may proceed, but no rental or general admission options will be available.
- On September 1, we anticipate the pool will be open, but some other amenities, like the gym, may not be available. More information will be provided as construction progresses.
- Playing surfaces in the arena will not be available until construction is complete, which is expected to be early 2023.
We are currently offering a discounted monthly Value Pass for $27 for adults ($24.50 for seniors; $21.90 for students; $19.30 for youth; $14.20 for children, and $60.50 for a family. It provides unlimited access to all facilities. As of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre; however, access to the Dawe will be included in the Value pass until the pool, gym and fitness areas are open.
About the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project
Work is underway now on the G.H. Dawe Community Centre Project and some exciting changes are in store. We expect to welcome visitors to the transformed space in early 2023. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
- Two NHL standard playing surfaces
- Expanded fitness areas, including a running track
- Outdoor spray park with washroom facilities
- Improved accessibility
- Additional north entrance + site access from 67 Street
- Additional parking
During construction, there will be some changes and impacts to existing amenities and programs, and we’ll do you best to share this information in advance. Thanks for your patience as we complete this work.
For more information about the project, please visit reddeer.ca/DaweProject.
Health policy expert says trust needed for Alberta overdose response app to work
Cargill workers in Alberta vote 71 per cent in favour of contract offer
Olympic champion Goggia wins 6th World Cup downhill in row
‘All our margins are gone’: Supply chain challenges squeeze small businesses
Also Interesting2 days ago
Important Financial Advice That You Need To Know
City of Red Deer2 days ago
City Council to hear arguments for and against extending homeless shelter at Cannery Row for 2 more years
Top Story CP2 days ago
Canadian traveller forced to stay in quarantine facility after negative COVID-19 test
Alberta2 days ago
Enbridge raising quarterly dividend, approves $1.1 billion in new capital projects
Alberta2 days ago
Global energy transition could be a $61B opportunity for Alberta, new study finds
Alberta1 day ago
Alberta's chief medical officer says most of 11 Omicron COVID cases were vaccinated
Bruce Dowbiggin2 days ago
Rays Of Sunshine In MLB’s Pointless Lockout
Alberta2 days ago
African community group says Canada's new travel rules are an example of racism