From the City of Red Deer
What is The City doing?
The health and safety of our community is our top priority.
Learn more about our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and how this impacts you as a citizen.
Measures taken by The City of Red Deer include:
- A state of local emergency is in place. This gives The City access to additional resources under the Emergency Management Act.
- The City of Red Deer Emergency Operations Centre is activated.
- A City Call Centre is activated for residents to make non-emergency inquiries about City policies and facilities (403-342-8111). Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- City facility and amenity closures. Click for details.
- City Council meetings remain scheduled and citizens are invited to watch via live stream.
- Public participation and consultation activities have shifted from in-person to online.
- Community events are cancelled through June 30, 2020. Click here for details.
- The City offers text and email alerts about the City’s response to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Click here to sign up. Standard text message rates apply.
- We have compiled a list of Resources for Businesses which includes links to websites offering supports for businesses, webinars and helpful business information.
Southside Dodge donates new van to Ronald McDonald House
Matt Swainson (Vice President & General Manager, Southside Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram) -left , Lori Rechlo (General Manager, Ronald McDonald House Charities Alberta – Red Deer House) – right
Submitted by Sarah Heibein, Stakeholder Relations Manager, Central Alberta Ronald McDonald House
We’ve received a donation of use of a Dodge Caravan from Southside Dodge- they’ve been an incredible support of us over the years. Attached is the photo we took at the dealership when we picked up the keys on Friday.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Alberta, Red Deer House is truly grateful to Matt Swainson and his entire team at Southside Dodge for their steadfast support of our work to keep families together during the unimaginable hardship of the need to travel for medical treatment for their sick or injured child. Our House is not a nice to have, but a need to have, and we are honoured to work with such an amazing community partner in Southside. The use of the 2021 Dodge Caravan will help us to keep our operating costs down so that we can focus on our work to keep families close.
We have operated in the city for over 8 years, ensuring there is a safe and comfortable place for families to rest while they focus on the recovery of their child(ren).
We are grateful to everyone in Red Deer who supports us! 😊
Smiles Thru Lindsey reaching out with a new video message and urging Albertans to look out for each other at this challenging time
The holiday season is well behind us, we’re heading into the coldest part of the winter, and although the days are starting to grow longer there’s still a definite lack of daylight in our lives. The winter blues are a real thing and this year we have COVID, a whole new serious problem to add to our mental health issues.
COVID is also the reason the Smiles Thru Lindsey team has not been able do public events for many months. Unable to reach out physically through school visits and fund raisers, Smiles Thru Lindsey is reminding Central Albertans to check in on each other. Also, please follow the Smiles Thru Lindsey Facebook page . They’ll lead you to the resources you or your loved ones need right away.
Meet Lindsey and the Smiles Thru Lindsey team in this powerful video. …And remember to check in on the people in your life.
If you’d like to help Smiles Thru Lindsey with a donation please click here.
Health Basics was my Kick Start to a Healthier Weight
Leading cause of death in Alberta (BY A LONG SHOT) is “Unknown”. Why isn’t our next Premier talking about this?
Ukraine war will drive demand for Nutrien products for years: CEO
Canada goes unbeaten in preliminaries after 3-0 win over Sweden at Hlinka Gretzky Cup
Bruce Dowbiggin1 day ago
The Cooler: Harper Attempts To Pacify CPC Over Poilievre
Dan McTeague2 days ago
Sri Lankans break the Net Zero suicide pact
Business1 day ago
Air Canada denying passenger compensation claims for staff shortages, citing safety
International2 days ago
New Pompeii finds highlight middle-class life in doomed city
National2 days ago
CP NewsAlert: man accused in Amanda Todd harassment case found guilty on all charges
Peavey Mart Centrium23 hours ago
Canada beats Sweden 4-1 to claim gold in Hlinka Gretkzy Cup
Brownstone Institute15 hours ago
Vaccines Will Not and Cannot Make this Virus Endemic
Politics3 hours ago
Parliamentary committee to begin study of RCMP’s use of cellphone spyware