International
William ‘Lia’ Thomas loses challenge to rule banning him from women’s Olympic contests

From LifeSiteNews
A Court of Arbitration for Sport panel ruled that William ‘Lia’ Thomas, a male swimmer who ‘identifies’ as female, lacked standing to challenge World Aquatics rules on males competing against women.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland has rejected gender-confused former University of Pennsylvania swimmer William “Lia” Thomas’s bid to change World Aquatic rules to allow himself and other female-“identifying” male athletes from competing against actual women in major athletic competitions such as the upcoming Summer Olympics.
Thomas, who “transitioned” to identifying as a female yet retains male genitalia and reportedly remained heterosexual (despite self-identifying as lesbian), has drawn headlines since 2022 for generating unease among his actual female teammates and opponents, partly due to having to share lockers and partly due to his domination of women’s swimming competitions since switching from the men’s team.
In January, word came out that Thomas and Canadian law firm Tyr were seeking to have the CAS overturn a rule imposed by the swim governing body forbidding any male who has experienced “any part of male puberty” from competing as a female, which in 2022 closed a loophole allowing “transgender” athletes to qualify by reducing their testosterone levels.
Thomas has said that “it’s been a goal of mine to swim at Olympic trials for a very long time.” World Aquatics executive director Brent Nowicki previously said only that the “World Aquatics policy on gender inclusion, adopted by World Aquatics in June of 2022, was rigorously developed on the basis of advice from leading medical and legal experts, and in careful consultation with athletes.”
On Wednesday, the Associated Press reports, a three-judge CAS panel released its ruling dismissing Thomas’s request, on the grounds that he lacked standing to make it because he had not been a member of the court’s member federation USA Swimming when it was first brought nor had he competed in female events “for the purpose of qualification or selection.”
World Aquatics hailed the ruling as “a major step forward in our efforts to protect women’s sport.”
Thomas slammed the decision as “deeply disappointing,” criticizing bans on so-called “trans women” (gender-confused men) competing against actual women as an affront to gender-confused “identities.”
Several nationally-prominent female swimmers who have become outspoken advocates for maintaining sex distinctions in women’s athletics also welcomed the ruling:
Great news! Lia Thomas won't be able to compete in women's category at the Olympics or any other elite competition.
He has just lost his legal battle in Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling.
This is a victory for women and girls everywherehttps://t.co/fEZc47K0FA
— Riley Gaines (@Riley_Gaines_) June 12, 2024
At last women & girls are being treated with respect & fairness but in many sports like football the FA let males presently steal 75 places from females, so much to still do! https://t.co/VfGFcwnbZA
— Sharron Davies MBE (@sharrond62) June 12, 2024
Allowing gender-confused individuals in opposite-sex sports is promoted by leftists as a matter of “inclusivity,” but critics note that indulging “transgender” athletes undermines the original rational basis for having sex-specific athletics in the first place, thereby depriving female athletes of recognition and professional or academic opportunities.
There have been numerous high-profile examples in recent years of men winning women’s competitions, and research affirms that physiology gives males distinct athletic advantages that cannot be negated by hormone suppression.
In a 2019 paper published by the Journal of Medical Ethics, New Zealand researchers found that “healthy young men [do] not lose significant muscle mass (or power) when their circulating testosterone levels were reduced to (below International Olympic Committee guidelines) for 20 weeks,” and “indirect effects of testosterone” on factors such as bone structure, lung volume, and heart size “will not be altered” by hormone use; therefore, “the advantage to [gender-confused men] afforded by the [International Olympic Committee] guidelines is an intolerable unfairness.”
Critics also warn that forcing girls to share intimate facilities such as bathrooms, showers, or changing areas with members of the opposite sex violates their privacy rights, subjects them to needless emotional stress, and gives potential male predators a viable pretext to enter female bathrooms or lockers by simply claiming transgender status.
Thomas has become perhaps the most prominent example of the phenomenon. Former teammates have reportedly been intimidated into silence about their objections to Thomas by officials at Ivy League schools and by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), though some have spoken out anonymously, describing Thomas as thoroughly dismissive of the feelings or interests of his teammates.
Some of his opponents have been more willing or able to go public, such as Gaines, who has openly discussed the experience of tying with Thomas for fifth place at the NCAA championships’ 200 freestyle competition in 2022. Despite both swimmers performing the same, Thomas was given a trophy to pose with for photos and Gaines had to settle for one mailed to her.
“It was at this point I realized that they’re trying to save face here,” she told the Conservative Political Action Conference in 2022. “I actually talked with a swimmer who is a survivor of sexual trauma, and being in the locker room with a male and seeing male parts has completely retriggered everything.”
Daily Caller
HUD Secretary Says Illegals May No Longer ‘Live In Taxpayer-Funded Housing’

From the Daily Caller News Foundation
By Hailey Gomez
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Scott Turner said Friday on Fox News’ “Jesse Watters Primetime” that illegal immigrants may no longer “live in taxpayer-funded housing.”
In March, Turner and Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem announced the “American Housing Programs for American Citizens,” ending “the wasteful misappropriation of taxpayer dollars to benefit illegal aliens instead of American citizens.” Discussing how HUD plans to prevent illegal migrants from living in public housing, Turner said the department has already issued a letter to the D.C. Housing Authority requesting its full list of residents and those without U.S. citizenship.
“President Trump is serious not only in cleaning up the crime in our streets, but also American citizens will be prioritized when it comes to living in HUD-funded, government-funded housing,” Turner said. “We just sent out a letter to the D.C. Housing Authority, and it has been received by them. And, as you said, they have 30 days to give us a full, comprehensive account of everyone living inside of D.C. housing that are receiving Section 8 vouchers or any type of HUD funding.”
Dear Readers:
As a nonprofit, we are dependent on the generosity of our readers.
Please consider making a small donation of any amount here.
Thank you!
WATCH:
“We want the names, the address, the number of people in the unit, the size of the unit, the cost of the unit. And they must give us their American citizenship status or eligible immigration status. No longer will we allow illegal aliens to live in taxpayer-funded housing here in America. In the last administration, in the Biden administration, they turned a blind eye. They didn’t collect the data,” Turner added. “But those days are over. We are collecting the data to make sure they’re illegal aliens. And for that criminal activity, no one doing criminal activity is living in HUD-funded housing, which is literally on the backs of taxpayers in America.”
Under the Biden administration, the border crisis became a major issue for the president as officials estimated a total of 10.8 million encounters with illegal migrants since fiscal year 2021. With a massive influx of illegal immigrants coming into the United States, Democrat mayors of sanctuary cities like Denver and New York City eventually asked the administration for funding to address the issue in 2023.
By 2024, reports indicated that due to the surge of illegal immigrants, the U.S. had an estimated shortage of 4 million to 7 million housing units, with developers struggling to keep up with the demand for homes. In addition to housing concerns, rent in 2024 saw an increase of 20.9% since 2021, which had already risen due to inflation under Biden.
According to data from the Center for Immigration Studies, an estimated 59% of illegal immigrant households use one or more welfare programs, which costs taxpayers an estimated $42 billion.
Business
Trump targets billions in foreign aid with first pocket rescission in nearly 50 years

Quick Hit:
President Trump has initiated a rarely used budget tactic to cancel almost $5 billion in foreign aid and peacekeeping funds. The move, known as a “pocket rescission,” hasn’t been attempted since 1977 and comes after a federal appeals court cleared the way for the administration to act Thursday.
Key Details:
- Trump’s request targets $3.2 billion in USAID development assistance, $322 million from the Democracy Fund, $521 million in State Department contributions to international organizations, and more than $800 million tied to international peacekeeping.
- Spending flagged by the administration includes $24.6 million for “climate resilience” in Honduras, $2.7 million for a South African group accused of publishing anti-white content, and $3.9 million to promote LGBT initiatives in the Balkans.
- The legality of pocket rescissions is contested. The Government Accountability Office considers them unlawful, while Trump’s OMB cites precedents from the Ford and Carter administrations.
Diving Deeper:
President Donald Trump is moving to strike down nearly $5 billion in foreign aid and peacekeeping spending making use of a controversial budget tactic not exercised in nearly half a century. On Thursday night, Trump formally notified Congress of his intention to cancel the funding—hours after a D.C. appeals court lifted an injunction that had kept the money frozen.
The mechanism Trump is invoking is called a “pocket rescission,” a maneuver where a rescission request is sent so late in the fiscal year—ending September 30—that the money effectively expires regardless of congressional action. The last time a president attempted such a move was 1977 under Jimmy Carter.
The spending Trump is clawing back includes $3.2 billion in U.S. Agency for International Development development programs, $322 million from the USAID-State Department Democracy Fund, $521 million in contributions to international organizations, and $838 million in peacekeeping programs. These funds had been earmarked for foreign governments, NGOs, and U.N. peacekeeping missions but were stalled earlier this year by a lawsuit from the Global Health Council. With the injunction lifted Thursday, Trump seized the opening.
The White House has spotlighted a number of allocations it deems wasteful, pointing to $24.6 million for climate projects in Honduras, $2.7 million for South Africa’s Democracy Works Foundation—known for publishing racially charged content such as “The Problem with White People”—and $3.9 million earmarked for promoting LGBT political activity in the Balkans. Other projects include $1.5 million to promote the artwork of Ukrainian women.
The $838 million in canceled peacekeeping funds had supported operations such as U.N. missions in the Democratic Republic of Congo—where Trump officials recently helped negotiate a peace agreement with Rwanda—and in the Central African Republic, where peacekeeping efforts have been criticized for aligning with Russian-linked interests. Specific items cut include $11 million for armored personnel carriers for Uruguay’s peacekeepers, $4 million for a training center in Zambia, and $3 million for housing Kazakhstani peacekeepers. U.S. funding for the Multinational Force and Observers mission on the Egyptian-Israeli border remains untouched.
The legality of pocket rescissions remains disputed. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 restricts presidential authority to block congressionally approved spending and requires Congress to act on rescission requests within 45 days. Trump has previously followed that route, recently signing off on rescissions that cut $1 billion from NPR and PBS and $8 billion from USAID.
But OMB Director Russ Vought and General Counsel Mark Paoletta argue that precedent exists for pocket rescissions, citing Carter and Ford-era actions. Paoletta has noted that in 1977, Carter submitted rescission requests that expired when fiscal deadlines lapsed, with the GAO “noting the lapse without objection.” He has since accused GAO of reversing its interpretation during Trump’s first term out of “Trump Derangement Syndrome.”
GAO could potentially challenge the maneuver in court, though questions remain about the agency’s constitutional footing, as some argue the comptroller general position itself could be vulnerable to a legal challenge. For now, Trump has revived a budgetary weapon not used in nearly five decades, setting the stage for another clash with Washington’s entrenched bureaucracy.
-
Addictions10 hours ago
Why North America’s Drug Decriminalization Experiments Failed
-
Business11 hours ago
Disney scrambles as young men reject DEI-filled franchises
-
Alberta9 hours ago
Good Sense Beats Team Canada’s Hysteria
-
Health8 hours ago
The Hidden Risk of an Abortion
-
Alberta4 hours ago
New Calgary plant to produce luxury vinyl flooring with Alberta oil and gas
-
Business7 hours ago
Carney’s housing plan will likely spend a lot for very little
-
COVID-195 hours ago
Sudden deaths, incapacitations soar among COVID-jabbed airline pilots: report
-
Bruce Dowbiggin6 hours ago
Where Carney’s Canada Now Stands : Elbows Up. Pants Down.