COVID-19
Former COVID coordinator Deborah Birx now admits jabs could have injured ‘thousands’
Deborah Birx, coronavirus response coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force
From LifeSiteNews
Deborah Birx, who in 2022 admitted to ‘overplaying’ the controversial COVID jabs, now says she supports a ‘9/11-like commission’ to rebuild trust in public health authorities.
One of the top architects of the establishment response to COVID-19 now admits “thousands” of Americans could have been harmed by the controversial COVID shots, while continuing to insist their net impact was positive after hundreds of thousands of reports of jab injuries.
Dr. Deborah Birx, White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator under the Trump administration, appeared Wednesday on NewsNation, where host Chris Cuomo asked her about AstraZeneca’s recent decision to have its COVID jab (which was used in Europe but not in the United States) pulled worldwide. The company insisted the decision was for business reasons, but it shortly followed a wave of lawsuits from families claiming to have been injured by the shot, as well as a court ruling linking it to serious blood clotting.
READ: Israeli boy featured in COVID vaccine campaign dies of heart attack at age 8
Birx insisted that the COVID vaccines were “very effective” at preventing severe COVID cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, despite widespread evidence to the contrary, but acknowledged some adverse effects and legitimate questions as to forcing jabs on lower-risk groups.
“That happens often with immunizations that if the natural disease can cause it, then it also sometimes can be seen in certain profiles of the vaccine,” she said. “We should be studying that right now.” She doubted the number was in the “millions,” but said, “could it be thousands? Yes.” More than 1,600,000 reports of adverse effects from COVID jabs have been submitted to the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which has been found to underreport vaccine injuries.
“I’ve called for over and over… a 9/11-like commission where all of this is laid out,” Birx added. “When we talk about rebuilding trust in science and data and information, it starts with transparency […] Until we’ve listened to each and every one of them and addressed their concerns, and they believe they were heard, people are going to continue to spread conspiracy theories.”
READ: 33-year-old father dies of immune disorder linked to Pfizer COVID vaccine, doctors say
A significant body of evidence links serious risks to the COVID shots, which were developed and reviewed in a fraction of the time vaccines usually take under former President Donald Trump’s Operation Warp Speed initiative. Among it, VAERS reports 37,544 deaths, 216,213 hospitalizations, 21,668 heart attacks, and 28,366 myocarditis and pericarditis cases as of April 26, among other ailments. U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) researchers have recognized a “high verification rate of reports of myocarditis to VAERS after mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccination,” leading to the conclusion that “under-reporting is more likely” than overreporting.
An analysis of 99 million people across eight countries published February in the journal Vaccine–the largest analysis to date–“observed significantly higher risks of myocarditis following the first, second and third doses” of mRNA-based COVID vaccines, as well as signs of increased risk of “pericarditis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, and cerebral venous sinus thrombosis,” and other “potential safety signals that require further investigation.”
Last month, the CDC was forced to release by court order 780,000 previously undisclosed reports of serious adverse reactions, and a study out of Japan found “statistically significant increases” in cancer deaths after third doses of mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines, and offered several theories for a causal link.
READ: Canadian father files $35 million lawsuit against Pfizer over son’s jab-related death
In Florida, a grand jury impaneled by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis is currently investigating the manufacture and rollout of the COVID vaccines. In February, it released its first interim report on the underlying justification for Operation Warp Speed, which determined that lockdowns did more harm than good, that masks were ineffective at stopping COVID transmission, that COVID was “statistically almost harmless” to children and most adults, and that it is “highly likely” that COVID hospitalization numbers were inflated. The grand jury’s report on the vaccines themselves is highly anticipated.
As for Birx, she was a crucial part of the effort to convince Trump to support widespread lockdowns in 2020, and admitted two years later to using what she called “strategic sleight-of-hand” and “subterfuge” to shift the White House’s more limited original COVID guidance to more draconian measures. Birx also admitted in 2022 that “we overplayed the vaccines” when she “knew these vaccines were not going to protect against” getting infected.
COVID-19
Canadian government seeking to destroy Freedom Convoy leader, taking Big Red from Chris Barber
From LifeSiteNews
The Crown claimed that ‘Big Red’ is an ‘offence-related property’ relating to Chris Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.
The Canadian government is still going after Freedom Convoy leader Chris Barber, this time hoping to seize his very livelihood.
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) has reported that it represented Barber during a November 26 hearing about the Crown’s attempt to take “Big Red,” Barber’s semi-truck. The Crown claimed that the vehicle is an “offence-related property” relating to Barber’s involvement in the 2022 protests against Canada’s COVID mandates.
Barber’s truck, a 2004 Kenworth long-haul, which he uses for business, was a focal point in the 2022 protests. He drove it to Ottawa, where it was parked for an extended period of time, but he complied when officials asked him to move it.
Barber’s lawyer, Diane Magas, said the Crown’s attempt to take away Barber’s livelihood is “not” in the spirit of laws in place regarding forfeiture.
“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family, as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions,” she said as per a JCCF press release.
“Especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it.”
The Freedom Convoy leader has talked about his truck, saying that, “Big Red is how I put food on the table.”
“I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living,” Barber continued.
A ruling regarding the Crown’s wish to seize Barber’s truck is expected to appear on December 19; however, the court case could drag into the new year.
RELATED: Freedom Convoy organizers sentenced to 18-month house arrest for role in protests
On October 7, 2025, after a long trial, Ontario Court Justice Heather Perkins-McVey sentenced Tamara Lich and Barber to 18 months’ house arrest. They had been declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the 2022 protest against COVID mandates, and as social media influencers.
Lich and Barber have filed appeals of their own against their house arrest sentences, arguing that the trial judge did not correctly apply the law on their mischief charges.
Government lawyers for the Crown have filed an appeal of the acquittals of Lich and Barber on intimidation charges.
Lich and Barber were declared guilty of mischief for their roles as leaders of the protest against COVID mandates in April 2022, and as social media influencers. The conviction came after a nearly two-year trial despite the non-violent nature of the popular movement.
COVID-19
Crown seeks to punish peaceful protestor Chris Barber by confiscating his family work truck “Big Red”
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms announces that the Ontario Court of Justice will hold a hearing at 10:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 26 at 161 Elgin Street, Ottawa, regarding the Crown’s attempt to permanently seize “Big Red,” the 2004 Kenworth long-haul truck relied upon by peaceful Freedom Convoy protestor Chris Barber and his family trucking business.
Constitutional lawyer Diane Magas, who represents Mr. Barber, is opposing the forfeiture.
“The impact of the forfeiture of ‘Big Red’, which is an essential part of the operation of Mr. Barber’s trucking business and is relied upon by Mr. Barber, his family as well as employees, is not what Parliament had in mind when enacting those forfeiture provisions, especially considering the context of a political protest where the police told Mr. Barber where to park the truck and when Mr. Barber moved the truck after being asked to move it,” she said.
Mr. Barber, a Saskatchewan trucker and central figure in the peaceful 2022 Freedom Convoy, depends on this vehicle for his livelihood. The Crown alleges that his truck constitutes “offence-related property.”
The November 26 hearing will address the Crown’s application to seize the truck and will include evidence regarding ownership and corporate title. The Court will also consider an application filed earlier this year by Mr. Barber’s family, who are asserting their rights as interested third parties and seeking to prevent the loss of the vehicle.
Mr. Barber was found guilty of mischief and counselling others to breach a court order following the peaceful Freedom Convoy protest, despite his consistent cooperation with law enforcement and reliance on legal advice during the events of early 2022. At sentencing, the Court acknowledged that he “came with the noblest of intent and did not advocate for violence,” emphasizing that Mr. Barber encouraged calm and compliance.
Mr. Barber said, “‘Big Red’ is how I put food on the table. I followed every instruction police gave me during the protest, and I never imagined the government would try to take the very truck I rely on to earn a living.”
-
Alberta2 days agoFrom Underdog to Top Broodmare
-
Opinion20 hours agoLandmark 2025 Study Says Near-Death Experiences Can’t Be Explained Away
-
Focal Points21 hours agoSTUDY: TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube Shorts Induce Measurable “Brain Rot”
-
Alberta19 hours agoRed Deer’s Jason Stephan calls for citizen-led referendum on late-term abortion ban in Alberta
-
Health22 hours agoTens of thousands are dying on waiting lists following decades of media reluctance to debate healthcare
-
Indigenous18 hours agoIndigenous activist wins landmark court ruling for financial transparency
-
Alberta18 hours agoCarney forces Alberta to pay a steep price for the West Coast Pipeline MOU
-
Business17 hours agoMan overboard as HMCS Carney lists to the right


