International
Elon Musk, JD Vance, others to appear at Trump’s return rally in Butler, PA, on Saturday
From LifeSiteNews
By Stephen Kokx
Donald Trump is holding a rally on Saturday in Butler, Pennsylvania, at the same location where he was nearly assassinated three months ago, with allies including Elon Musk set to join him.
Saturday afternoon at 5 pm (EST), Donald Trump will hold a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, at the same location he nearly lost his life at just three short months ago.
“I’m going back to Butler because I feel I have an obligation to go back to Butler. We never finished what we were supposed to do,” Trump told NewsNation earlier this week.
Trump will be joined by a literal army of his closest political allies, including running mate JD Vance, son Eric and daughter-in-law Lara Trump — co-chair of the Republican National Committee — and Elon Musk, who shared news of his planned attendance on X.
I will be there to support! https://t.co/nokR0g3dn1
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 4, 2024
Also scheduled to appear is the family of slain firefighter Corey Comperatore, a dozen Pennsylvania sheriffs, multiple congressmen, and many persons who also attended Trump’s last rally at the Butler Farm Show Inc. location on July 13.
Although the Secret Service urged Trump to not hold events outside following the assassination attempt, the former president announced on TRUTH Social just days later that he would not be doing so and that he would be returning to Butler. Some commentators accused the agency’s request of being a form of election interference intended to suppress enthusiasm for Trump.
Security is expected to be extremely tight at the rally. The monumental breakdown in coordination between local police and federal agents that allowed a 20-year-old shooter to fire multiple rounds at Trump’s head while he was on stage has still not been fully clarified, prompting speculation that the effort was an “inside job” carried out by intelligence agencies to replace Trump as the GOP’s nominee with a more pro-war candidate.
After the July shooting, scores of political commentators and religious figures attributed Trump’s survival to God’s protection. Trump himself said as much in his GOP nominee acceptance speech just five days later. “I’m not supposed to be here tonight … I stand before you in this arena only by the grace of Almighty God,” he said.
Trump’s wife Melania, who recently came out in support of a women’s right to an abortion, also described his surviving two assassination attempts as “miracles.” She has also blamed Democrats and liberal media outlets that have labeled him as a “threat to democracy” for why the shootings took place.
On August 8, the state of Pennsylvania published several X posts informing residents that it is likely there won’t be a clear winner on election night.
“Pennsylvanians won’t always know the final results of all races on election night. Any changes in results that occur as counties continue to count ballots are not evidence that an election is ‘rigged’,” said the state, which has faced criticism over election irregularities in recent years.
Without Pennsylvania’s 19 Electoral College votes, Trump would have to win Republican-leaning states like North Carolina and Georgia and pick up Arizona and Nevada, both of which he lost to Joe Biden in 2020. And even then, he would only be at 268. He would still have to win a typically Democratic state like New Hampshire (4 Electoral College votes), Wisconsin (10), or Michigan (15), to surpass the 270 threshold. But with Pennsylvania in his column, all Trump has to do is retain North Carolina and Georgia and he will receive the necessary 270 votes.
Daily Caller
Zelenskyy Under Siege As Top Aide Resigns After Home Raided In Major Corruption Scandal

From the Daily Caller News Foundation
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, resigned Friday after his home was raided in an ongoing corruption probe that threatens to undermine Zelenskyy’s grip on power during wartime.
Ukrainian authorities on Friday raided the home of Andriy Yermak, Zelenskyy’s chief of staff and right-hand man, as part of a sweeping corruption probe investigating Zelenskyy’s possible involvement in a $100 million scheme to defraud the nation’s atomic energy company. Yermak’s resignation comes at a time when Zelenskyy is under increasing pressure to accept a U.S.-brokered peace deal to end Ukraine’s war with Russia.
The investigation has shaken Ukrainian confidence in Zelenskyy’s administration while Russian strikes continue to rock critical infrastructure. So far, Russia has not commented on the new proposed peace deal.
As a nonprofit, we are dependent on the generosity of our readers.
Please consider making a small donation of any amount here.
Thank you!
Zelenskyy first rose to power on an anti-corruption platform in the 2019 elections, which propelled him into the international spotlight. He has enjoyed a positive global reputation during the three-year war with Russia and has been hailed by numerous Western leaders as a beacon of democracy against autocratic Russia.
Zelenskyy has so far worked with the U.S. on the proposed peace agreement, but has also expressed major reservations about what it will mean for his country. In a public address on November 21, Zelenskyy said the plan puts Ukraine in the position of “either losing its dignity or the risk of losing a key partner.”
Despite the prospect of losing U.S. intelligence sharing and weapons if Ukraine doesn’t accept the deal, Zelenskyy has been shoring up European alliances and international support, most recently signing a deal with France to obtain 100 Rafale jets for its air force. The deal also included anti-air equipment, drones and other munitions.
The Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.
International
Identities of wounded Guardsmen, each newly sworn in
The two West Virginia National Guard members critically wounded in Wednesday’s ambush near the Farragut West Metro Station have now been identified as Andrew Wolfe and Sarah Beckstrom — young soldiers who had taken their oaths less than a day before gunfire erupted on a downtown Washington sidewalk.
Wolfe, 22, was identified first after Musselman High School in Inwood released a statement confirming the alumnus was one of the soldiers struck. The school said the community was “deeply saddened” and urged residents to pray for him. Wolfe was rushed into surgery and remains in critical condition.
Support poured in across the Eastern Panhandle throughout the day. Friends shared old photos and messages urging him to “keep fighting.” Wolfe, who lives in Martinsburg, is active in the region’s cornhole community, and the Beltway Baggers — organizers of ACL tournaments in Virginia — posted a photo of him flashing a peace sign while asking members to pray for his recovery. “He was shot today while serving our country,” the group wrote.
Federal officials identified the second Guardsman on Thursday as 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom. U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro said Beckstrom had just taken her oath of enlistment and was barely a day into her service when she was gunned down. She underwent emergency surgery and remains in critical condition.
According to investigators, 29-year-old Rahmanullah Lakanwal — an Afghan national admitted to the U.S. following the Kabul evacuation — allegedly stepped from behind a corner and opened fire at close range as the two patrolled under a heightened security directive in the capital. Beckstrom was hit first. Wolfe was shot moments later.
Pirro said both families are at the hospital as doctors fight to keep the soldiers alive. She warned that if either succumbs to their injuries, prosecutors will pursue a first-degree murder charge. “If one of them is to pass — and God forbid that happens — this becomes murder one. That’s it.”
Pirro urged Americans to pray for the wounded Guardsmen. “On a day when families gather together, I ask you to pray for these two young people — that they survive.”
-
Alberta6 hours agoFrom Underdog to Top Broodmare
-
armed forces2 days ago2025 Federal Budget: Veterans Are Bleeding for This Budget
-
Alberta1 day agoAlberta and Ottawa ink landmark energy agreement
-
Artificial Intelligence2 days agoTrump’s New AI Focused ‘Manhattan Project’ Adds Pressure To Grid
-
International1 day agoAfghan Ex–CIA Partner Accused in D.C. National Guard Ambush
-
Carbon Tax1 day agoCanadian energy policies undermine a century of North American integration
-
International1 day agoIdentities of wounded Guardsmen, each newly sworn in
-
International2 days agoTrump Admin Pulls Plug On Afghan Immigration Following National Guard Shooting


