News release submitted by the City of Edmonton
City council passes bylaw to significantly reduce waste
- Single-use plastic shopping bags will be banned, and businesses must charge at least 15 cents for a paper bag and at least $1 for a new reusable shopping bag.
- These minimum fees will increase on July 1, 2024 to 25 cents for a paper bag and $2 for a new reusable bag.
- Styrofoam (foam) plates, cups and containers will be banned.
- Restaurants must serve dine-in drink orders in reusable cups, and accept reusable customer cups for dine-in and takeout orders.
- Accessories (like utensils, straws, pre-packaged condiments and napkins) will only be available by request or self-serve.
Edmonton taxpayers facing 7% tax increase as City Hall maintains services
News release from the City of Edmonton
City releases fall budget adjustments
City of Edmonton dumping two deputy city managers, bringing in new Chief Climate Officer
News Release from The City of Edmonton
Conservative MP Leslyn Lewis condemns MAiD in Parliament as targeting nation’s most vulnerable
King’s coronation cost taxpayers $534,000 and counting
Edmonton Police charge 19 year old with trafficking gun used to kill Constables Jordan and Ryan
Giving Hope on Giving Tuesday
Trudeau signs partnership with EU to promote digital IDs, counter ‘disinformation’
Freedom Convoy leaders’ lawyers ask court to dismiss ‘weak’ case over lack of evidence
Trudeau gov’t dept. suggests giving LGBT, minority journalists $45k annually to promote ‘diversity’
Alberta9 hours ago
Alberta’s Methane Target Reached Early
Bruce Dowbiggin10 hours ago
Cutting Remarks: The Scourge of Hate Speech Censors
Alberta8 hours ago
Premier Smith reacts to Liberal Government’s announcement on new methane reduction targets at COP 28
National3 hours ago
Trudeau forced to admit ‘Christmas is not racist’ after gov’t report suggesting it is
espionage3 hours ago
Canadian House of Commons committee admits China operated ‘police service stations’ in 3 cities
COVID-193 hours ago
Pastor challenges Dr. Bonnie Henry over illegal discrimination between faith groups
Alberta3 hours ago
Province orders dismissal of Chestermere Mayor, three councillors, and all three CAO’s
Health9 hours ago
Canada remains poor performer among countries with universal health care