Connect with us
[the_ad id="89560"]

COVID-19

New data shows most Canadians are shunning COVID booster shots

Published

5 minute read

From LifeSiteNews

By Anthony Murdoch

Only 14.6% of Canadians have had an ‘XBB.1.5 vaccine’ COVID booster, according to federal government data.

The majority of Canadians are flat-out refusing a COVID booster injection according to current information from the federal government, which has been heavily promoting the shots.

Data from the federal government’s COVID-19 vaccination: Vaccination coverage dashboard shows that only 14.6% of Canadians, about 5.7 million, have had an “XBB.1.5 vaccine” COVID booster.

For those under age 60, less than one-third have had a COVID booster. For those over 70, 44% have been injected with another COVID shot.

Even when it comes to Canadians over age 80, 52% have shunned a COVID booster.

In the age category of 0-4 years, only 3.5% have had a COVID booster. For Canadians ages 12-17, the take-up rate is 4.6%, with that number falling to 3.7% for ages 18-29.

Canadians from ages 30-39 have a 6.9% booster take rate, with 40- to 49-year-olds at 8.9%. Those ages 50-59 have a 13.5% booster take rate, with that number going up to 28.1% for ages 60-69.

Take-up of the COVID booster is lower in males, 13.3%, than in females at 15.8%.

The data is accurate as of December 8, 2023.

Canada’s low COVID booster take-up rate could be influenced by reports that the federal government under Prime Minister Justin Trudeau knew that the jabs could carry unknown risks when they signed the contract with Pfizer in late 2020.

In November, LifeSiteNews reported on how the recently disclosed federal government’s COVID-19 vaccine contract with Pfizer for millions of doses of the mRNA-based experimental shots shows the government agreed to accept the unknown long-term safety and efficacy of the shots.

The government had to acknowledge by signing the contract that the COVID shot and its materials were “rapidly developed due to the emergency circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic” and would be further studied after their rollout.

LifeSiteNews reported last month how an information request from a federal MP asking Health Canada if it has any clinical data showing whether Pfizer-BioNTech’s latest COVID jab is effective and safe after its recent approval of the shot has revealed the agency has no such data on file.

Health Canada approved a revised Moderna mRNA-based COVID shot in September 2023 and later the Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID jab despite research showing that 1 in 35 recipients of the booster have myocardial damage.

Of note is that Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID jab only is said to target the COVID variant, XBB.1.5, which is all but gone in Canada. As of now, the dominant strain is EG.5.

Some provincial leaders refusing to disclose jab status despite media pressure

Some Canadian provincial leaders, such as Alberta’s Danielle Smith who opposed vaccine mandates and passports and ran her party leadership campaign on these issues, have flat-out refused to reveal whether they have had a COVID booster or even the original COVID shot.

Last month, Smith made clear to reporters she will not disclose her personal COVID vaccination status.

“I think that a private medical decision should be kept private, and I think this is the reason why we have doctors giving the advice,” Smith said.

Official data shows that about 15.5% of Albertans have chosen to get the COVID booster jab, which is on par with most provinces in Canada.

By comparison, neighboring British Columbia, which still has in place jab mandates for healthcare workers, has a 23.1% COVID booster uptake rate.

Health Canada ordered 238 million COVID injections from Pfizer Canada, which includes 30 million for 2023 and 2024.

The details of the Pfizer contract do not disclose how much the government spent on the jabs.

There is mounting evidence concerning the adverse effects they cause in many who have taken the COVID shots, including children.

For example, a recent study done by researchers with Canada-based Correlation Research in the Public Interest showed that 17 countries have found a “definite causal link” between peaks in all-cause mortality and the fast rollouts of the COVID shots as well as boosters.

LifeSiteNews recently detailed how a newly released government report shows that deaths from COVID-19 and “unspecified causes” surged after the release of the so-called “safe and effective” vaccines.

COVID-19

WHO Official Admits the Truth About Passports

Published on

From the Brownstone Institute

BY Paul ThackerPAUL THACKER

The World Health Organization’s Dr. Hanna Nohynek testified in court that she advised her government that vaccine passports were not needed but was ignored, despite explaining that the Covid vaccines did not stop virus transmission and the passports gave a false sense of security. The stunning revelations came to light in a Helsinki courtroom where Finnish citizen Mika Vauhkala is suing after he was denied entry to a café for not having a vaccine passport.

Dr. Nohynek is chief physician at the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare and serves as the WHO’s chair of Strategic Group of Experts on immunization. Testifying yesterday, she stated that the Finnish Institute for Health knew by the summer of 2021 that the Covid-19 vaccines did not stop virus transmission

During that same 2021 time period, the WHO said it was working to “create an international trusted framework” for safe travel while EU members states began rolling out Covid passports. The EU Digital COVID Certificate Regulation passed in July 2021 and more than 2.3 billion certificates were later issued. Visitors to France were banned if they did not have a valid vaccine passport which citizens had to carry to buy food at stores or to use public transport.

But Dr. Nohynek testified yesterday that her institute advised the Finnish government in late 2021 that Covid passports no longer made sense, yet certificates continued to be required. Finnish journalist Ike Novikoff reported the news yesterday after leaving the Helsinki courtroom where Dr. Nohynek spoke.

Dr. Nohynek’s admission that the government ignored scientific advice to terminate vaccine passports proved shocking as she is widely embraced in global medical circles. Besides chairing the WHO’s strategic advisory group on immunizations, Dr. Nohynek is one of Finland’s top vaccine advisors and serves on the boards of Vaccines Together and the International Vaccine Institute.

The EU’s digital Covid-19 certification helped establish the WHO Global Digital Health Certification Network in July 2023. “By using European best practices we contribute to digital health standards and interoperability globally—to the benefit of those most in need,” stated one EU official.

Finnish citizen Mika Vauhkala created a website discussing his case against Finland’s government where he writes that he launched his lawsuit “to defend basic rights” after he was denied breakfast in December 2021 at a Helsinki café because he did not have a Covid passport even though he was healthy. “The constitution of Finland guarantees that any citizen should not be discriminated against based on health conditions among other things,” Vauhkala states on his website.

Vauhkala’s lawsuit continued today in Helsinki district court where British cardiologist Dr. Aseem Malhotra will testify that, during the Covid pandemic, some authorities and medical professionals supported unethical, coercive, and misinformed policies such as vaccine mandates and vaccine passports, which undermined informed patient consent and evidence-based medical practice.

You can read Dr. Malhotra’s testimony here.

Republished from the author’s Substack

Author

  • Paul Thacker

    Paul D. Thacker is an Investigative Reporter; Former Investigator United States Senate; Former Fellow Safra Ethics Center, Harvard University

Continue Reading

Freedom Convoy

Ottawa spent “excessive” $2.2 million fighting Emergencies Act challenge

Published on

News release from the Canadian Constitution Foundation

Federal Court Justice Richard Mosley found in January that the February 2022 invocation of the Emergencies Act to deal with the Freedom Convoy protests was unreasonable because there was no national emergency nor threats to security of Canada as were required to invoke the Act.

The Canadian Constitution Foundation is shocked to learn that Ottawa spent more than $2 million of taxpayer funds unsuccessfully fighting the legal challenge launched by the CCF and others to the Trudeau government’s illegal invocation of the Emergencies Act in 2022.

The $2,231,000 figure was revealed by the Department of Justice in response to an inquiry from Conservative civil liberties critic Marilyn Gladu.

The hefty figure was first reported in the Globe and Mail. Experienced counsel told the Globe that the amount spent was “excessive.”

The number includes the cost that the government spent fighting the judicial review of the invocation decision in Federal Court. It does not include the cost of Ottawa’s appeal, which is proceeding at the Federal Court of Appeal.

Federal Court Justice Richard Mosley found in January that the February 2022 invocation of the Emergencies Act to deal with the Freedom Convoy protests was unreasonable because there was no national emergency nor threats to security of Canada as were required to invoke the Act.

Justice Mosley also found that regulations made as a result of the invocation violated freedom of expression because they captured people who “simply wanted to join in the protest by standing on Parliament Hill carrying a placard” and the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures because bank accounts were frozen without any sort of judicial pre-authorization.

CCF Litigation Director Joanna Baron was dismayed to learn how much Ottawa spent.

“Civil liberties groups like the CCF rely on regular Canadians who care about rights and freedoms to fund this type of public interest litigation,” she said.

“The fact that the government seems willing to spend whatever it takes to defend its unlawful decision shows what we’re up against when we fight to protect the constitution and the rule of law.”

The CCF is calling on the federal government to drop the appeal of Justice Mosley’s decision.

Canadians who agree with the decision are encouraged to sign the CCF’s online petition calling on the government to drop the appeal. The CCF is also asking Canadians to consider making a tax-deductible charitable donation to the CCF that will assist with fighting the appeal.

The CCF is represented by Sujit Choudhry of Haki Chambers and Janani Shanmuganathan of Goddard & Shanmuganathan.

Continue Reading

Trending

X