An overview of Michael’s stance on the following:
- Committed to true public accountability, including careful listening and responding to voters’ issues and concerns.
- Committed to improving the amount and quality of information available to the public. For example, City budgets should be posted on the Internet before and after approval by Council.
Budget and Spending
- Believes that it is essential to have fiscally and socially responsible budgeting.
- With the on-going tight economy, there is a need to focus on necessities and to say no to expenditures that the City cannot afford.
Crime and Community Safety
- Committed to adopting new measures to reduce and prevent crime in our community. People need to feel safe and that their property is protected.
- Believes that a healthy environment is essential, one that is maintained by effective and practical projects and initiatives.
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of Red Deer’s trail system, an important asset to the vitality of our community.
- Supports concerted advocacy to the Provincial Government and Alberta Health Services for major improvements and increased vital programs/services at the Red Deer Regional Hospital.
Submitted by Michael Dawe, Candidate for Red Deer City Council, October 2017.